Saturday, March 27, 2010

Down to the Levee, Part 1



Everyone thinks we must come from the same place to be friends, and wrong again: we're just both pieced in to some social fabric. What shall we drink to? Absent friends, or memories, random meetings, Mariah Anderson, love, lust, or freedom.

When Julius leaves you, he leaves you a step closer to the streets and a block out in every direction, with the soul of a cowboy and the will of the troubadour. Miss Anna, miss butter and sugar in the mornings, misplaced or missed out, miss what now girl, mistakes or take what you can get. Some little kids do more amazing things in a morning than you've done this week. Maybe you'll start getting up earlier (but I can't like coffee, honey, I just cannot).

Some times ain't the right time, but if you go home an honorable man, well, hey Julius, 'til I see you again, which is a surer thing the further we go. Hey Julius, what's the song? Let me hear it again —
Early in the morning, risin' to the street
Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason, a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone

- Sublime, "What I Got"

No comments:

Post a Comment